Have you heard of digital gardens? A digital copy of your notes and a collection of your personal interests. It's like a cloud version of all the tabs you have open in your brain.
What if we sent off a message in a bottle? But the message is a link to my brain?
For this, I had to call upon my 13-year-old self, the one who created a cute page for her Neopet. I'm a highly unorganized human being, so I have to first clarify the purpose of this website. What do I want it to be? What sections do I want you to see as soon as you enter? What is the site map gonna be like? I'll dumb it down for myself, hehe.
First things first, let's establish the purpose: I want a collection of the things I'm obsessed with. Wishlists, movies to watch, gifs collected from the internet, shrines, and odes to my parasocial relationships.
Now, where to build it. A physical journal is obviously a good place to start, but making one online is a more proactive tool. There are places such as Sublime, or it can be made privately in the comfort of your own Notion account. Neocities is the way to go if you're into a fully customizable experience. Also, if you like to dissect readymade templates and degut them to your liking, this is the thing for you. Pretending to be a hacker is pretty cool.
Then the site map will look something like this:
On the landing page: profile, current update/log, my top 3 songs of the month, quick to-dos, and a chat box. A footer that showcases my latest art.
Nav bar: blog / zines / art / wishlist / media
Where do I stand? I have a rusty memory of how to CSS and HTML. I also want to learn how to use JavaScript, because I never got that far. As for aesthetics, I want a hyperfemme space, because that's how I I present myself.
But before I give my 12-year-old computer an aneurysm by opening an extremely loud and flashy page, we have to slow down and start with the basics.
That's it for now. I have so many tasks to do regarding this blog too.



No había oido hablar de ello pero suena interesante cuando esté listo nos lo muestras
ResponderEliminaryo también quiero ver el resultado!! me cuesta un poco imaginar la accesibilidad!!
ResponderEliminar